The Importance of a Tune-Up for Your KiaFeb 28th, 2022
The term “tune-up” is something you’ve definitely heard over the years when it comes to your vehicle. This seemingly broad term involves a wide-ranging list of services that are meant to be inspected and serviced, in order to maintain healthy vehicle performance. You know that regular maintenance on your Kia is important, and getting a tune-up for your vehicle can help improve things like its lifespan, fuel efficiency, cut down on future repairs, protect against potential breakdowns, improve engine performance and more. Read on as we further define what a tune-up is, how to know if you need one, and what to expect with the service.
View more of our popular blogs here:
What is a Tune-Up?
The actual name of a “tune-up” is quite the antiquated term nowadays, where it once would refer to literally tuning the mechanical intake and timing systems of your vehicle. Today, a tune-up consists of a regular check of your vehicle’s important systems and servicing those who need attention. Tune-up service first starts with an inspection of your vehicle, checking all of the important components like the ignition, engine, filters, oil, coolant and much more. The service that follows after that is all dependent on what turned up in the inspection, which could be anything from part replacements to fluid top-ups. A tune-up ensures your vehicle is operating as it should, and will continue to out on the road.
How do I Know if I Need a Tune-Up?
Given that a tune-up includes such an all-encompassing list of services and checks you may be wondering how to know when you should come in for a tune-up? What follows is a list of common issues that may demand you bring your vehicle into us at 401 Dixie Kia.
- Check Engine Light: If you see that light come on, don’t ignore it, as it operates as a literal warning system that your vehicle requires some kind of maintenance.
- Rough Shaking & Vibrating: If your vehicle just doesn’t feel as smooth as it once did, and shakes around, it’s time to bring it in.
- Fuel Efficiency: Do you find yourself at the pumps more often? Reduced fuel efficiency could spell deeper issues.
- Brake Issues: Brake problems are serious and should be addressed immediately. If you notice anything off with them, come in for a check.
- Tough to Start: If your vehicle is having a rough time starting, there could be a variety of issues leading to this poor start.
What is Included in a Tune-Up?
As you may have guessed, a tune-up can cover a lot of different maintenance and repair services offered at a dealership such as ours at 401 Dixie Kia. By knowing what is often looked at during a tune-up you can better be aware if something goes wrong, and when to come in for a tune-up. Some of the most common and important include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engine diagnostics
- Filter replacements
- Fluid top-ups
- Belts and hose replacements
- Ignition check/spark plug replacement
- Fuel injector cleaning
- Timing belt replacement
Book a Tune-Up at 401 Dixie Kia
Do not overlook the necessary tune-up for your Kia, and book one, today, here at 401 Dixie Kia. Our dedicated service team has years of experience working specifically with Kia models, complete with the latest tools and training to deliver your vehicle the best maintenance work in the Mississauga area. Contact us, today, to book, or get in touch if you just have a few questions about your vehicle and its service needs.